A patron is considered disruptive when she/he is violating library policy, damaging or destroying library, employee or other patron property, disturbing other library users/patrons or deemed to be in violation of the law.
All patrons are asked to follow the Five Guidelines to Library Conduct
- Respect yourself and others.
- Respect the property of the library and the property of others.
- Accept responsibility for your actions as individuals
- Respect the quiet atmosphere of the library.
- Abide by all applicable local, state, and federal policies and/or laws.
The library staff may eject anyone who persists in these behaviors.
If asked to leave the premises, access to all library services is denied.
If the person refuses when asked to leave, the proper authorities may be called in accordance with K.S.A. 21-3828 (3).
If criminal activity is suspected the proper authorities may be called.
Any disturbance outside the facility may be reported to the proper authorities.